il blogatore!

El blogador was taken. :(

Monday, October 29, 2007

Pirates and miners

Funny story. Kyra and I went with another couple to a haunted forest on Saturday night. First off, is anyone else tired of every entertainment business having to incorporate a pirate theme in the wake of the Pirates of the Carribean trilogy's commercial success? I'm sick of the shameless coattail-riding. Also, the lawyer in me wonders about copyright infringement. I mean, there was a dude there who called himself Captain Jack Sparrow, and spoke and gestured with all of Sparrow's trademark mannerisms (although his accent slipped into Australian/New Zealander at times) . And I'm sure the folks at Haunted Utah are not sending regular royalty checks to The Walt Disney Company.

Anyway, the haunted forest boasted a haunted mine, with dead miners and related carnage. I thought to myself, is it too soon for that?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM , Blogger Alicia said...

    Being tagged is just like getting an annoying chain letter forward. You are supposed to post a post of listing 6 things we don't know about you. I kind of tagged you as a joke, but feel free if you are so compelled.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home