il blogatore!

El blogador was taken. :(

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gallo Pinto

When I lived in Costa Rica as and exchange student, I ate a dish called "gallo pinto" (meaning "spotted rooster") almost every day. And I never got sick of it. More recently, Kyra and I took a vacation to Costa Rica (need to post pictures of that vacation) and I was reminded about how good this dish is. I emailed my host mom Sonia and asked her for the recipe. It's surprisingly easy to make. But you do have to have one secret ingredient to give it the Costa Rican touch. (Hint: the secret ingredient will be apparent to astute observers.) Below are some pics. Let me know if you want the recipe.

FYI: that's not beer in the picture; it's Inca Kola. It was truly a meal of the Americas.


Yummy!


Synchronized eating!


4 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM , Blogger Cody Heffner said...

    Brad! We were so close to pulling it off....

     
  • At 1:48 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

    I don't get it. Are those eggs?

    I don't know Jessica Bennett. I believe she's a new hire that only writes for online.

    Thanks for the comment :)

     
  • At 2:17 PM , Blogger Fat Dad said...

    The secret ingredient is a sauce called Lizano salsa.

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    i want the recipe! It looks really good!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home