il blogatore!

El blogador was taken. :(

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Keyless Intrigue

As a rule, I try not to blog about the banalities of everyday life but I had two relatedly banal experiences that--if my math is right--add up to at least one funny one. For you math majors out there, the equation works out like this:

B1 + B2 = -B

So, today after class, I head out to the immense law school parking lot and find my car, a green 1997 Buick Century, where I had parked it this morning. I hit the unlock button on my keyless entry. The horn doesn't honk and the door doesn't unlock. What the heck, right? So I push the unlock button a couple more times. Same result. Utterly confused, my body--seemingly on its own--bends down and peers into the car. A baby's car seat. (For those of you who don't know me too well, I don't have children.) I turn and look toward the next row of cars and see my green 1997 Buick Century.

No big deal, right? Happens all the time. Well, it wouldn't have been so bad if it had not been for my other keyless entry foible from earlier this morning.

After working out at the gym, I get home, get out of my car and lock my car with my keyless entry keypad. Apparently over-exhausted from my workout, I proceed to the front door of the house and press the unlock button to unlock it. It took me a full 5 seconds and 2 honks from my car to realize that the door wasn't going to unlock itself.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM , Blogger Grammar School Pictures said...

    pretty funny, brad.

     
  • At 11:09 AM , Blogger Jason said...

    I would have said "Mathematicians" instead of math majors, but I really really appreciated your equation. Sometimes life only makes sense through fictitious equations. Write that in your book. Your math text book, that is.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home